99% - Near Perfect Performance on RF&ESS!
Arcata's Research Facilities and Engineering Support Services (RF&ESS) Program achieved an award fee score of 99% for the period August 1, 2009 – January 31, 2010. 99% is the highest score received since contract inception and is the contract's 15th consecutive "excellent" (highest rating) score. "Earning a 99% is a tremendous tribute to the entire Arcata RF&ESS Team for their outstanding support of our NASA Dryden Flight Research Center customers," said Arcata President Tim Wong.
The NASA Dryden Flight Research Center cited the following strengths in their Performance Evaluation Board (PEB) report:
- Western Aeronautical Test Range (WATR) systems were operational 99.8% of the time based on systems availability
- Provided STS 128 post landing support at the WATR communication Facility "…which saved a considerable amount of overtime…"
- Supported the ISS checkout of the Space to Space Station Radio (SSSR) UHF data communications system by using antenna and spectrums displays. "Dryden is the only ground site that has successfully been able to verify this system…"
- Provided expert IT security knowledge that led a successful Orion WINGS IT Security Certification & Accreditation (C&A) package, resulting in allowing Orion crew exploration vehicle (CEV) project to receive the Authority to Operate.
- From a simple desktop visit to fix EZTV, to camera repairs to conference room design and support, to extensive production and engineering, these guys do it all, and as noted from the customers, do it all very well.
- Arcata is commended on their safety program having reached over one million hours without a lost time safety incident.